reg number JRO 184N -
6TH S3 OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE - MAG TEST BIKE
JRO 184N was the sixth S3 off the production line at the Italian factory.
The road test was in "Motocyclist illustrated" August 1975 price 30p along
with Benelli 750-6 and Ducati 750SS tests..I have the magazine which will go with the bike to the new owner. The bike was imported by Coburn & Hughes and used as a demonstration bike for them and an Edinburgh Guzzi dealer. Eventually one of their mechanics bought it, who along with his brother clocked up 40,000 miles.
In the late 1980s he moved north with the bike to the Orkney islands
where I bought it in original condition in 1990 in need of some tlc.
ENGINE NUMBER VK*035086
mileage 36,795 ( inc 541 since restoration )
- All bits re chromed (by custom fasteners)
- New replica SS pipes one off built to original pattern
- New seat.
- All brake calipers and pipes replaced with original parts
- New steering damper
- Rear shocks rechromed - factory rebuilt with SSsprings
- Swinging arm bushes & shaft bearings replaced
- New air collector box (original type)
- New jets etc to original square carbs
- New speedometer (still have original with 36254 miles).
- New mirrors.
Bearing in mind the bikes history I have kept it in complete original spec
except for chrome rocker bars.
Since its restoration I have only done 541 dry miles and have decided
reluctantly to part with her in the hope that it will used more by the new owner.
Here's a mysterious one I was sent - nice bike though:
Click on the thumbnails for a bigger picture
For sale - Moto Guzzi V7 Sport
I want to sold my V7 Sport (VK12857), Bj. 73, 5000 km nach Restauration, Rahmen glanzvernickelt, viele Neuteile, Hawker batterie. Stadt Oldenburg - Herr Kiefel